The Cole Creek Neighborhood Association was formally established in the fall of 2009 after a series of neighborhood organizational meetings facilitated by the Neighborhood Center. Its purpose is to enhance and improve the quality of life in the neighborhood through encouraging communication and relationships among neighbors in matters of community betterment and to participate in the civic life of Omaha. The boundaries are:
- Sorensen to Camden (north to south)
- 60th to 72nd (east to west)
All neighbors, whether they own or rent their place of residence, can be part of the association. There are no fees. Anyone wishing to be a part is welcome whether you live in the area or not. The association meets at Hartman Elementary School, 66th and Hartman, on a casual basis as determined by the officers and board members.
- No fee to join
- Annual spring clean-up in conjunction with the City of Omaha
- Annual neighborhood garage sale
- Social activities
- Quarterly meetings at Hartman Elementary School
- Neighborhood Watch
- Meet your neighbors – make a difference in the neighborhood
- Orchard Park beautification
- Business networking
- Email updates on current neighborhood events
- More – the sky’s the limit – tell us your ideas!
Dan Clute, president